Pheromone Girl Grows Up

Once upon a time...


She washes dishes, hoping everyone else will just leave her alone. Enough yelling, already. As the soapy bubbles fill the sink, she pulls out a chair to stand on so she can reach the bottom of the sink. She's careful not to get her strawberry blond hair in the soapy water but still it drags through the oily water and she gives up, putting it back into a pony tail.

The stars are visible out her window and she catches herself daydreaming about having her toes in the sand. Maybe she can talk them into taking her to the river. It's better than nothing in the middle of a cold winter, after all.

Some day, I'll live at the bottom of the ocean and I won't have to deal with him, mad all the time. She daydreams and wonders what it feels like to have gills.

7 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

Don't you get sad writing these, as we get sad reading them? There were so many times I wished my dad's ex to be at the bottom of the ocean...and every day I am happy I don't have to deal with her again. Unless I go flatten her tires.

Fireblossom said...

"Tonight, Clare felt certain that stars would shine as brightly, no matter where a person was when she watched them. Even if someone was at the bottom of the deepest sea, the light would find her." --Alice Hoffman, "Aquamarine"

G-Man said...

Beautiful Dreamer.....

Monkey Man said...

I want to punch him. Gills. Underwater for hours. Bliss.

Unknown said...

You do stir emotions PE, you do stir them well!

Ileana said...

I don't know about the gills, but I know she has wings.

Anonymous said...

Very powerful. I loved the imagery and the contrasts. I'll be back! I visited you via Chef Ka, another favorite.

Post a Comment