Pheromone Girl Grows Up

Once upon a time...

I wrote out my list of resentments. Tore it into little pieces. Put them in an envelope and mailed it to myself.

When it arrived, I glued all the pieces together, laughed at myself and burned them to a crisp.

To say that I feel free is an understatement. I also feel empowered like never before - to stand up for myself, to only allow people that make me feel good into my life and to enjoy the little things that matter.

Yesterday, I told someone I was pissed. Now, I'm frequently pissed at this someone, but I rarely actually TELL him. That felt good. I also gave him a chance to adjust his attitude and it worked - he adjusted. Decided to play nice.

Speaking of play, I want one of these in my new back yard. I hear they create their own mini weather system.



I'm going to need it to heat that hot tub.






12 comments:

Monkey Man said...

Isn't having a resentment like taking poison and expecting the other person to die? You are an inspiration.
BTW those wind turbines are REALLY big. That hot tub must be huge to need one of those. ;-)

ExtraO said...

I think it's important to spend our time with people who we feel good being with.

Riot Kitty said...

If the person in question is the one I think it is, there isn't enough verbal venom in the world for him. Go for it!

Scarlet said...

Be careful with someone who pisses you off and then all of a sudden decides to play nice. Been there, done that!

Fireblossom said...

Sometimes I'd love to set the mail on fire, too! ;-)

Darth Weasel said...

that is a fantastic idea, on mailing them to yourself. Reminds me of the "save headlines for a year and see if you are still worried". Time truly is a great aid to healing.

Speaking of which, feel better soon. People often get sick of me :-)

Granny Annie said...

When I was a banker I kept a pile of records under my bed that were fodder for a law suit. Finally I realized it was bad sleeping on top of such bitter thoughts and so I pulled it all out from under the bed and burned every incriminating document. It was a healthy thing to do.

About those wind thingys -- someday archeologists will dig them up and say, "What were they thinking"

G. B. Miller said...

Resentment can consume you if you're not careful. Glad you decided to take control of it and not let it control you.

G-Man said...

Thats right girl...Spit it Out!!!

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm with Fireblossom, I'd love to burn all my mail, there again I don't deliver it!

Resentment only tears you apart.

Cheffie-Mom said...

Good for you!! -- enJOY that hot tub!!

Maude Lynn said...

You are my hero. I'm totally serious.

Post a Comment