Pheromone Girl Grows Up

Once upon a time...


I did it.

I took the challenge Scarlet left (to take 5 words and write about them and what they mean to me) and of course I think she loaded the deck.

Bliss
Hourglass
Fantasy
Motto
Promesa (your Spanish word)

OK, the first one is easy.

BLISS
Feeling my toes in the sand, waking up with a new chapter written while I slept, hugging my son, laughing with my daughter, walking the Ezmond. Magical moments abound and bliss is the feeling of having everything you could possibly want right here with you, not wanting for anything. I felt it all day today, all day yesterday, and am pleasantly surprised that is seems to have returned with no intention of leaving again.

HOURGLASS
The first thing that came to mind was the guilty pleasure of my teen years. I had a very challenging schedule and got straight A's in school. The only down time I had, between work and school and volunteering, was weekday afternoons from 3-4pm. "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives." I try not to forget the sentiment, even though I've forgotten the characters. Except Bo & Hope.

Damn.

FANTASY

Most men who have met me will tell you this is the world I live in - one of fantasy. Always wishing for more, hoping for better and knowing that more is out there. Wait. I mean in here - in me. That I have high hopes and tall expectations for myself. I'm a Capricorn, after all, and fantasy is something for which there is little time. Not that I don't have a vivid alternative life that I live while I dream. Is that considered fantasy, Scarlet? If so, I guess my fantasy is to fall in love and live on a Chinese junk.

MOTTO
Most of my life has been spent in advertising. Mottos are a dime a dozen. In the 90s, I had a bit of a motto. Whatever. Sarcasm dropped from my tongue. People learned quickly not to piss me off. Enter the new millennium and it became a quote from Sir Galahad. "My strength is the strength of ten because my heart is pure." Being pure of heart, meaning well and doing my best is important, but not quite as important now as it used to be. Now, my motto is probably something more like "Happiness is what I have." No expectations, no disappointment. But I do always wish on falling stars when I see them.

However, there is a motto that will never leave me.

Wherever you go, there's your monkey.


PROMESA

I guessed what this translated to in English before I looked it up on dictionary.com. Promise. I think the only person really owed promises at the moment is me. I make promised to myself that I must keep. Any promises made to others are secondary, kind of nice to keep, but if I have to choose between the two, promises to me are much more important and I'm working hard to remember that. My promises may mean well, but I'm trying at the moment to only make those that I can keep. I'm learning to say No a lot, obviously.

If you're interested in playing along, ask for me to leave 5 words for you to write about and I'll post them in a comment on your blog. Although I know a lot of you have already received your words from my fiery redheaded friend in Miami. Just in case...


12 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

Sorry - I didn't know you wrote all of these because bloody Google hasn't been giving me your updates!

I like it!

Darth Weasel said...

I am pretty sure Bo is probably still a character...is he the one with the eye patch who keeps dieing only to find out it isn't a dream and then coming back riding a motorcycle through the smoke? (My Grandma used to watch as many soaps as she could and I am pretty sure that guy was named Bo...but it could have been a different soap. And anyway, as we all know, any fictional character with the name Bo should have the last name Duke anyway...)

Fireblossom said...

Oh God. I used to watch "One Life To Live". which I renamed "One Hour To Waste." LOL.

Don't I know it about you practical Cappy goat girls. It's been ages since I fell for anybody who WASN'T a Capricorn.

Keep keeping those promises to yourself, beautiful bird.

Anonymous said...

This is nice. I wouldn't mind some homework for this coming Friday, now I think about it. :)

LL Cool Joe said...

I can't post on this blog, and it bugs me. Great list. Bliss is such a good word. I think I could write a whole list of things just based on that one word!

I'll get here when I can. :)

G. B. Miller said...

Beautiful post.

Sometimes its the simplest things (like five words) that can inspire us to semi-dizzying heights.

Maude Lynn said...

I like your motto!

I need to do a better job of keeping my promises to myself. Those seem to be the first ones I break.

G-Man said...

No Darth...Patch had the eye patch!
Bo had Hope, and still does!

Love your Bliss photo.....G

ExtraO said...

i used to watch Days of Our Lives when I was in high school and first year of college. It was so addicting back then. I can't stand soap operas now though, thank goodness. :-)

Cheffie-Mom said...

Great list!! Hugging my son and laughing with my daughter are bliss for me, too. Thank you for the powerful comment you left on my blog post. Blessings and Hugs!!

Scarlet said...

I watched that show as well, only my favorites were Patch & Kayla.

I like your monkey motto, Chica (although it makes me miss Rabies)...and the other quote is where I want to be. I have to work on purifying my heart.

From one fiery redhead to another, you did a wonderful job with these! Thanks for playing along. :)

Unknown said...

I have some from some one else I must post before I think of accepting more. I love your word descriptions.

Post a Comment