Pheromone Girl Grows Up

Once upon a time...


I know things. Lots and lots of things. Things that most people couldn't lock their lips about I carry around on my soul.

I know dirty little secrets. Happy, soon-to-be-announced secrets. Sometimes I know secrets that I discover on my own. But most often, they're the garden variety, "don't tell anyone" secrets.

The longest secret I've kept was told to me by my little brother when I was 6 and he was 3. Never spilled it, not for a moment. Not even today, when we're 42 and 39, respectively. Funny how that vast chasm of distance in age between us is actually almost invisible to the eye, all these years later.

The newest secret was told to me yesterday by a very close friend. It's a sily secret. But a secret, nonetheless.

I can count 37 secrets that I keep today. Thirty seven. Not too shabby for someone my age with a distinct loss of brain cells due to age and the necessity of sorting. I've never lost a secret. Not for more than a few hours, at least. It was the whiskey.

So, if I'm so good at keeping secrets, what causes people to want to tell them, hmmm? Why bare your soul of something so important? Why trust me? Why?

Do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell....?

11 comments:

Matty said...

I'm very good at keeping secrets. Once they go into my vault, they never come back out. I would NEVER violate the trust of the person making it to me.

It's an innate desire to tell others what you know. It somehow makes the teller feel better that they let it out.

Nice Beatles song......

Riot Kitty said...

I like silly secrets the best!

Darth Weasel said...

Do I do do you want to know a secret...thanks for getting stuck in my head "music" by one of the most over rated bands this side of ACDScreech and Guns & Raucousness

G-Man said...

Calling the Beatles over rated, is like saying Einstein was a little slow....
To each his own!
Being able to keep a secret, shows loyalty and trust. Very noble traits!!
Happy Hump Day....G

Scarlet said...

I feel like calling you and telling you a secret! I have many secrets!! :)

Fireblossom said...

Closer...let me whisper in your ear...:-)

The Beatles rule!

Rach, I will never forget the time I purposely told you and RK something and said "don't tell!", all the while counting on you telling each other, lol. I didn't know you as well back then, obviously!

ExtraO said...

I keep secrets, but I have only a few.

Darth Weasel said...

:-) as for Einstein being slow...the man DID forget a zero and later try to refute his own theories that came in his annus mirabilis... :-)

(yes, I do think Einstein was one of the greatest minds of all time, but hey...the joke was there, someone had to tell it, and I am never afraid to sink to any level)

Unknown said...

Anything i say is never a secret so you will not have number 38 from me.
t is good that you are trusted.

G. B. Miller said...

Sometimes, a person just gives off a particular vibe that makes the other person want to confide in them.

I still know lots of deep dark secrets.

Shhhhhh....

Granny Annie said...

I considered secrets sacred until my heart was broken by the telling of one of mine and I have assumed secrets are made to be told since then.

Post a Comment